12.12.2009


I chose to do my research poster on a new cervical cancer screening device. This device does the same thing as a pap smear but it is better. It is better because it is more comfortable, less painful, and the results are instant. The device sends an electrical surge through the cervical cells. It sends the data to a computer that reads how the electrical surge bounced off the cells. Cancerous cells respond differently to the electricity than normal cells.
I really enjoyed learning about my technology. It is in testing in Europe right now and I hope that it will make it to the US soon. I would definitely prefer this to a pap smear. Although I like the technology that I chose I did not particularly enjoy making the poster for it. However, I feel like people liked my poster. I enjoyed interacting with the audience and explaining my technology. Many people seemed to be excited about it. Five peopled tweeted about my poster so I felt like it was pretty popular.


1 comment:

  1. This technology could help so many women everywhere!

    ReplyDelete